Monday, May 16, 2011

Anish Kapoor - Leviathan

Leviathan_4
My ears popped as I entered.
You can hear the reverberations of a slap against the surface, outside people are hitting installation. Above I can see the shadows casted on the surface...we're inside the belly of the beast.
Leviathan_Out1
To me this felt alive, it was like walking into a cage with a gigantic mythical beast. Something living Something breathing, you want to extend your hand but your too afraid to make the first move....
Leviathan_Out3
The scale alone is something to be amazed about.

heres a link to the rest of the photos.

5 comments:

  1. omg this sculpture, or lets say "thing" is just so amazing! i hate myself for not visiting it when i was in paris recently!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that. :( well if your in paris again you should visit the pompidou for a project I worked on with THEVERYMANY http://www.flickr.com/photos/34165355@N04/sets/72157626308037639/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would also encourage everyone to bookmark this page to your favorite service to help spread the word. I'll use this information for my essay topics:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling like you say we are in the belly of the beast. Make that very interesting and weird, right? If only I could try.

    ReplyDelete